This dish is a great, light dinner or lunch. It’s perfect for hot summer days when you don’t want to eat much and it’s also easy to make ahead of time. I like this recipe because it uses zucchini in place of noodles so it feels fresh and healthy even though the sauce is creamy and decadent with butter, goat cheese, sherry wine, garlic, thyme and lemon juice.
How to make Zucchini Pasta with Hazlenuts Goat Cheese and Lemon Sherry Thyme Sauce:
The taste of this Zucchini Pasta with Hazlenuts Goat Cheese and Lemon Sherry Thyme Sauce is sweet, tangy, nutty, earthy. The zucchini noodles are tender but still have some texture to them while the hazelnuts add a crunch element that contrasts nicely against the silky goat cheese sauce. It all tastes very fresh as well which would make for a great weeknight meal. I hope you enjoy it!
- 2 medium zucchinis Blade C
- ½ cup snow peas
- 1/2 cup diced scallions
- ¼ cup crumbled goat cheese 2-3oz
- For the pesto:
- 2 tablespoon minced mint leaves
- 1/2 small avocado peeled, insides cubed
- 1/2-1 teaspoon minced garlic
- zest of 1 small lemon
Step by step Cooking Instructions
- Remove the ends from your zucchini, and using a vegetable peeler or mandolin slicer slice long strips of zucchini.
- Fill up large pot with water (enough to cover the pasta when simmering), add salt, bring it to boil. Add in noodles and cook for about seven minutes until al dente, then drain well.
- In a pan heat some olive oil on medium high heat and saute snow peas for two minutes or so before adding scallions which should only need 30 seconds more cooking time because they are softer vegetables than green beans usually are cooked at this temperature range. Lastly toss in tomatoes that have been chopped into cubes along with pesto ingredients except avocado chunks. Keep on stirring so it doesn’t burn.
- In a separate pan, heat up oil and butter on medium to high heat then add shallots and stir until they are soft before adding zucchini noodles that have been coated in cornstarch first. Cook for about three minutes or so. Add the salt as you go along with lemon juice at the end of cooking time because this will help soften them more quickly if needed.
- Add in all other ingredients (including avocado) except cheese sauce into one pot and simmer on low while taste testing seasonings again if desired – make sure not to overcook pasta! Serve hot with goat cheese sauce poured over top when ready to serve, garnished with fresh thyme leaves from your garden!
Tips and Tricks
- Zucchini noodles can be made firm by using a spiralizer or grater.
- Use avocado for rich flavor and creaminess when you don’t have heavy creams available.
- Cornstarch will help the zucchini pasta stay firmer longer, but it is not necessary if your mouth prefers softer.
- Keep the goat cheese sauce warm while serving to keep it from hardening too much on top of food as well! It’s also great served at room temperature with crackers and veggies after being refrigerated overnight in an airtight container.
I hope you enjoyed this recipe! Here are a few more of my favorite dishes that use zucchini as the main ingredient. Besides, I have many dishes recipes that have my favorite goat cheese. Give them a try and let me know what you think in the comments below! And if you’re looking for other ways to get your vegetables, make sure to visit my blog for all things healthy food related. Happy cooking everyone!
- Hotcakes vs Pancakes: The Tasty Truth Unveiled! - October 30, 2023
- Boost Your Breakfast: Can You Add Protein Powder to Pancake Mix? - October 30, 2023
- Unveiling the Secret: How Long Does Pancake Batter Last? - October 29, 2023