My biggest fear when I created this recipe was that the spaghetti squash would be too watery, making the mixture too mushy to shape into nuggets. Then I thought about the trick I use when making zucchini cakes – remove the excess liquid with paper towels. This soaks up the water and makes the spaghetti squash more compact and dry. The spaghetti squash then briefly pulsed in a blender with breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, an egg, worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper and transferred to a bowl.
Whole30 salmon cakes made with canned salmon, almond flour, egg and dried dill are a delicious dinner, and make a great lunch the next day, too!
Anytime I make the decision to improve my diet in any way, I always reach for salmon. Even when I’m not doing Whole30 and just trying to eat a little healthier, I grab salmon filets and a couple cans of boneless, skinless salmon at the store. It makes me feel virtuous, heh.
Whole30 Salmon Cakes Spaghetti Squash
- 2 6-ounce cans of wild salmon (boneless, skinless preferred)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2-3 tablespoons avocado oil
- 12 button mushrooms (finely chopped)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound cooked spaghetti squash strings
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley (finely chopped)
Add the canned salmon, eggs, almond flour, dill, salt and pepper and mix well.
Roast the vegetables for 20-25 minutes, stirring once at the half-way mark. When the vegetables are done, the edges start to turn golden brown and crispy. When the vegetables have 10 minutes left, cook your salmon patties.
Finally, cook the salmon patties: In a large nonstick skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the avocado oil over medium-high heat. Add the salmon patties and cook on the first side until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Flip and continue to cook on the second side until golden brown.
Serve the salmon patties over the roasted vegetables, and drizzle with ranch dressing for extra deliciousness.
- 21+ Delicious Breakfast Ideas with Eggs and Sausage - October 12, 2021
- 23 Sweet and Savory Breakfast Ideas with Bananas - October 12, 2021
- 21 Healthy and Easy Breakfast Ideas with Tortillas - October 12, 2021