I’ve never been a fan of the flavor of goat cheese. I always thought that goat cheese has an unpleasant tangy taste. My opinion dramatically changed when I tried it in the form of whipped herbed goat cheese and homemade cracker combination. The flavor was so delicate that you could actually taste the herbs in the cheese. It was also lighter than regular cream cheeses which made it perfect for dipping fresh vegetables or spreading on a sandwich.
It’s so simple to make, but the flavors are rich and decadent. I like serving these with wine or a light beer in the evening after work when it’s time to relax!
The ingredients list is short and filled with fresh herbs. You can whip up this dish in less than 30 minutes, making it perfect for an appetizer for your next dinner party!
Related post: Zucchini Bread
How to make Whipped Herbed Goat’s Cheese and Homemade Crackers
The crackers and cheese are perfect for a quick appetizer. You can whip up the herbed goat cheese in less than 10 minutes, then while it cools, you have time to bake your homemade crackers. Serve with a simple salad of mixed greens and sliced cucumbers on the side.
*For Whipped Herbed Goat’s Cheese
- 150 g Goat feta, crumbled
- 200 g Additive-free sour cream
- 1 Garlic clove, squashed with 1/4 tsp salt with the side of a knife
- 1 Tbsp Chives, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp Chopped parsley
- 1 Tbsp Coriander leaves, and stalks
- 1 pinch Chilli flakes
*For Homemade Crackers
- 350 g Flour, plain
- 150g Butter or margarine
- 120 ml Coldwater
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
For Whipped Herbed Goat’s Cheese
To make Whipped Herbed Goat’s Cheese:
- In a bowl, mix together the goat feta and sour cream until well combined.
- Add the garlic clove, chives, parsley, coriander leaves and stalks then add chili flakes to taste. Mix again.
- Cover with clingfilm or plastic wrap and refrigerate for an hour before serving at room temperature to give the cheese its best taste. Whipped Herbed Goat Cheese is best eaten within 24 hours of preparing it because, after a while, the herbs will start to wilt and lose flavor.
To make Homemade Crackers:
- Sift flour into a large bowl (or put through a sieve), add salt and pepper according to your own preference. Grease your hands with olive oil. Place a small amount of dough in your hand and roll it into a finger shape for the cracker. If it’s too dry, add a little water (the amount will depend on the flour).
- Roll out thinly and cut into desired shapes – Homemade Crackers are best served with Whipped Herbed Goat Cheese to enjoy their full flavor
Tips for making Whipped Herbed Goat’s Cheese:
You can change up the herbs you use – try different ones like mint or parsley for variety. They’re also deliciously mixed together so you can create your favorite flavor depending on what you have. Additionally, lemon juice is used as it provides a slightly sour flavor that incorporates well in cheese. However, you should be careful not to overdo the lemons as then the cheese may become too sour.
Experiment with the consistency and thickness of Whipped Herbed Goat Cheese by altering how much cream you use. You can also try adding a little bit of butter or olive oil to make it richer
Tricks for Making Homemade Crackers:
For a smaller batch, cut the original ingredients in half, and freeze leftovers for later use. While this recipe is not gluten-free, it can be made so by substituting the flour with a mixture of finely ground rice, potato starch, and buckwheat. The finished crackers will be denser than those made with all-purpose wheat flour but they are still flavorful and crisp.
I hope you enjoyed this post about how to make whipped herbed goat’s cheese and homemade crackers. If so, please let me know in the comments below! You can also find some more great recipes on my blog such as How To Make Stuffed Peppadew Peppers. Thanks for reading! 🙂
- 21+ Delicious Breakfast Ideas with Eggs and Sausage - October 12, 2021
- 23 Sweet and Savory Breakfast Ideas with Bananas - October 12, 2021
- 21 Healthy and Easy Breakfast Ideas with Tortillas - October 12, 2021