I love this enchilada recipe because you don’t have to make a filling, you don’t have to roll up enchiladas, and you don’t have to worry about perfect presentation. You are basically making an enchilada casserole that requires little time and little effort. This no fuss skillet vegetarian enchilada recipe is a real dinner lifesaver.
How to make Veggie Enchiladas
- sweet potato
- black beans
- corn tortillas
- homemade enchilada sauce (or packaged sauce)
- shredded cheese
- optional garnish: sour cream, cilantro, lime, avocado ranch, salsa
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Spray a 9×13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat; cook and stir onion and bell pepper in hot oil until tender, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low and add refried black beans, corn, and cream cheese; stir well. Season with cumin, salt, and pepper. Simmer until bean mixture is hot, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
Place cilantro, green chiles and liquid, salsa, tomato sauce, vegetable broth, lime juice, garlic, and oregano in a food processor; blend until smooth, about 10 pulses. Spread about 1/3 cilantro salsa mixture in prepared baking dish.
- 21+ Delicious Breakfast Ideas with Eggs and Sausage - October 12, 2021
- 23 Sweet and Savory Breakfast Ideas with Bananas - October 12, 2021
- 21 Healthy and Easy Breakfast Ideas with Tortillas - October 12, 2021