Three things make this vegetarian lentil soup so good: caramelized onions, toasted tomato paste (it’s easy!), and lots of carrots and celery. I love to enjoy my rest day with Vegan dishes like this recipe. It makes me feel lighter in my body and soul.
Vegan Lentil Soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 carrots, peeled and finely diced
- 2 cups (12 ounces) small green French lentils
- 8 cups water or vegetable stock
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 bunch kale, stemmed and thinly sliced crosswise
Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large soup pan over medium heat. Add the onion, carrot, celery, garlic and a small pinch of salt and pepper and cook until vegetables are just soft, about 5 minutes.
Add in the potatoes, thyme, oregano and paprika and cook another 5 minutes, stirring so the potatoes don’t burn but get just a little crisp on the outside.
Add the tomatoes, broth, bay leaves, water, lentils and bring to a boil, then reduce heat a simmer for 45 minutes or until lentils are very tender.
- Hotcakes vs Pancakes: The Tasty Truth Unveiled! - October 30, 2023
- Boost Your Breakfast: Can You Add Protein Powder to Pancake Mix? - October 30, 2023
- Unveiling the Secret: How Long Does Pancake Batter Last? - October 29, 2023