This is how turmeric tea worked its way into my life. The backstory – for a while it felt like someone was sticking a hot poker between my shoulder blades, particularly if I moved my neck in certain directions, like left or right. And the mornings? Ouch. I’m not entirely sure what I did, but I think it might have something to do with shepherding heavy boxes up and down our stairs.
Turmeric tea is a warm and soothing blend of ground turmeric, lemon juice, and honey. Similar to golden milk, turmeric tea provides good-for-you anti-inflammatory compounds that provide a range of health benefits. And it just tastes good!
- 1/3 cup / 80 ml good, raw honey
- 2 1/2 teaspoons dried turmeric
- lots of freshly ground black pepper
In a small pot, add water, turmeric, lemon juice, and black pepper. Whisk together and heat over high heat. When the tea just starts to boil, turn the heat down to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
Once the tea is finished simmering, turn off the heat, add the honey, and let the tea cool for a minute or two.
- 21+ Delicious Breakfast Ideas with Eggs and Sausage - October 12, 2021
- 23 Sweet and Savory Breakfast Ideas with Bananas - October 12, 2021
- 21 Healthy and Easy Breakfast Ideas with Tortillas - October 12, 2021