Cowboy Ciao is a St. Louis staple, serving up delicious dishes and amazing cocktails for over 30 years. One of their most popular items on the menu is the Stetson Salad—a zesty salad that’s perfect for a hot summer day!
The salads are packed full of fresh vegetables like lettuce, onion, tomato, cucumber and cheddar cheese. The dressing features mayonnaise with ranch seasoning mix to give it an extra kick of flavor while maintaining its cool and refreshing nature. The final touch? A hardboiled egg that’s sliced in half lengthwise so you can enjoy its rich yolk when mixed into the salad.
How to make this meal
Stetson salad is a delicious and authentic recipe that appeals to both the eye and stomach. It’s one of those great salads you can serve as an appetizer for guests or enjoy by yourself. The ingredients are fresh, colorful, crunchy, flavorful–not just another bland bowl of lettuce with ranch dressing on top.
Stetson Salad from Cowboy Ciao is made up mostly of greens like baby spinach leaves and romaine but also includes roasted red peppers, black olives, corn kernels (for sweetness), cherry tomatoes cut in half (to make them more manageable bite-size) tossed together with creamy honey mustard dressing. Exciting flavor combinations!
- 1 cup cooked Israelli couscous
- 1/2 cup diced Roma tomatoes
- 1/2 cup dried sweet corn
- 1 cup chopped arugula
- 2 ounces smoked salmon, diced (could substitute chicken if you don’t like smoked salmon)
- 1/2 cup Asiago cheese
- 1/4 cup dried currants
- 1/4 cup toasted pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 1/4 cup basil pesto
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1 shallot
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Salt & pepper to taste
Step by step Cooking Instructions
- Combine all the salad ingredients in a large bowl. Toss together and set aside.
- Whisk together dressing ingredients until well combined; add salt & pepper to taste. Pour over salad, toss again, plate up! The Stetson is served cold but can be eaten warm (steaming) if you prefer that way of eating it. Enjoy with friends or family for lunch or dinner on these colder days 🙂
Tips and tricks to making the perfect Cowboy Ciao’s Stetson Salad:
- *This salad can be eaten warm or cold, whatever your preference.
- *The Stetson is served cold but can also be eaten hot if you prefer that way of eating it.
- *Leftover dressing will keep in the fridge for a week and tastes great on other salads too!
This Stetson Salad is a delicious and healthy salad that will make you want to put on your boots, saddle up, and head out for the day. Whether you’re looking for something refreshing or hearty, this recipe can be adapted to suit any taste bud! Keep in mind that while we have given measurements here, feel free to experiment with different proportions of ingredients as desired. If you’re looking for more salad ideas, you can’t miss this awesome Orange Vinaigrette and Herb Box Salad! Your appetite’s calling – get cooking!
- 21+ Delicious Breakfast Ideas with Eggs and Sausage - October 12, 2021
- 23 Sweet and Savory Breakfast Ideas with Bananas - October 12, 2021
- 21 Healthy and Easy Breakfast Ideas with Tortillas - October 12, 2021