Who doesn’t love pizza? There are so many variations of this dish that it’s difficult to pick a favorite. This recipe for Spinach, Roasted Red Pepper and Goat Cheese Pizza is one you’ll want to try! It features three ingredients that are sure to please: fresh spinach, red peppers and cheese. You can easily adjust the amount of ingredients depending on your preference or dietary needs. If you’re looking for something unique but simple, then this is the perfect recipe for you!
How to make this meal
The taste of this meal was absolutely amazing! I would recommend it to anyone who loves pizza and wants a new flavor. The three ingredients on the crust were very fresh, which made for an outstanding dish. It’s one that I’ll definitely be making again soon!
This recipe has a ton of different variations because everyone has their own preference when it comes to what they put on their pizzas. However, there are some things you can control such as how much or little cheese is used in the dough so that you don’t have too many calories if you’re trying to watch your weight or just want something more simple like spinach instead of meat products. You could also experiment with adding garlic powder, oregano or red pepper flakes to the crust for a little extra flavor.
- Pizza dough, gluten free if you’d like.
- 1 cup of pizza sauce or marinara
- 1/2 cup of part skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups of spinach
- Roasted Red Pepper slices*
- Kalamata olives
- 1/3 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/4 grated parmesan cheese
- Roasted red peppers are one of those grocery store conveniences that are very easy to make at home and only take a few minutes if you’d like to give it a try.
Step by step Cooking Instructions
- Step One: Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Cut the roasted red pepper into thin slices and place them on a baking sheet lined with foil or parchment paper. Drizzle olive oil over top of peppers, sprinkle salt and fresh ground black pepper (optional). Roast in oven for approximately 20 minutes until softened but not too crispy. Set aside to let cool before adding to pizza.
- Step Two: On a lightly floured surface divide dough into two equal pieces then roll each out into an oval shape about ten inches long by four inches wide. Place one piece of rolled dough onto large cookie sheet that has been dusted with cornmeal so it does not stick when finished cooking – this is your crust! Layer sauce followed by cheese , spinach and roasted red peppers in any order you like. Bake for 12 minutes or until cheese is melted, bubbling, golden brown on the edges and crust is crisp – nobody likes a soggy crust!
- Step Three: Remove from oven with metal pizza peel (carefully) onto cutting board to cool just slightly before slicing into six pieces using serrated bread knife.
- Serve and enjoy!
Tips and Tricks
- When washing spinach, the dirt and grit will often stick to the leaves. So if you’re using a salad spinner just fill it up with water then dump in your spinach leaves from above so they are lightly submerged. Slowly stir them around by hand like mixing eggs and let all that nasty dirt swirl away for about 20 seconds before draining off any excess liquid (you can use this time to scrub down cutting board).
- If you don’t have a pizza stone or prefer not to spend money on one, there are still some ways of getting your crust nice and crispy: preheat oven at 425 degrees Fahrenheit; place parchment paper over cookie sheet or baking pan; dust dough with cornmeal which helps prevent sticking too much when cooking ; add a rim of sauce around inside edge (about an inch) to help prevent the dough from getting soggy before all ingredients are added.
- You can also put your pizza crust in oven for about six minutes then take it out and spread on some pesto, garlic butter or olive oil with crushed tomatoes mixed in. Then top with fresh spinach leaves and roasted red pepper slices.
Well, that’s all I have for you today! If you want to see more fast food recipes like this one, make sure to check out this Mom’s Mac and Cheese on my blog head over and check out the recipe section where I post a new dish every week. I hope these tips will help make your next pizza night delicious! Bon appetite friends!
- 21+ Delicious Breakfast Ideas with Eggs and Sausage - October 12, 2021
- 23 Sweet and Savory Breakfast Ideas with Bananas - October 12, 2021
- 21 Healthy and Easy Breakfast Ideas with Tortillas - October 12, 2021