My love of cooking began when I was a child with my mother in the kitchen. I can still remember how excited she would get about her latest culinary creation and all the different recipes that we tried together. Spaghetti Squash with Shrimp Marinara is one of my favorite dishes that we created, and it’s so easy to make! This dish is also perfect for anyone who loves taking care of their body as well as their taste buds.
How to make this meal
This meal is packed with nutrient rich vegetables such as squash and carrots, protein from the shrimp, plus a good source of vitamin C because tomatoes are so high in it. With all these nutrients you can feel good about indulging your taste buds while also nourishing them at the same time.
- 24 ounces Marinara Sauce
- 1 Spaghetti Squash approximately 2 pounds
- 24 shrimp medium, 24-30 count, peeled, deveined–or use frozen shrimp
- 2 tbsp butter unsalted
- 1 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1/2 tsp pepper flakes
- Fresh, grated Parmesan Cheese
Step-by-step Cooking Instructions
- Cut the Spaghetti Squash in half lengthwise.
- Put a pot of water on to boil with a steamer basket and place both halves cut side down onto it, cover tightly with foil (leave space for steam), reduce heat to medium-low and cook until tender 30-35 minutes depending on size.
- Cook shrimp as desired according to package directions or microwave them following instructions from your packaged frozen shrimp.
- Toss cooked Shrimp, Marinara Sauce, Butter, Olive Oil and Pepper Flakes together with spaghetti squash flesh that has been scooped out into plate leaving the skin behind.
- Top with grated Parmesan cheese before serving hot!
How do you make spaghetti squash crispy?
A lifehacker tip to make spaghetti squash crispy is to cut the squash in half lengthwise and place on a cookie sheet. Bake at 350F for 20-30 minutes or until tender, then cool before scooping out flesh with a spoon.
What is the easiest way to cut a spaghetti squash?
To cut a spaghetti squash, first find the seam running down the outside of it. Then place your knife on top and slice through the skin while keeping it flat with one hand.
The easiest way is using this Spaghetti Squash Cutter . Place your hand over bowl so that seeds are caught then press evenly along surface of squash’s interior -pressing firmly enough so that blade cuts cleanly without squashing flesh in process-until sheath reaches desired thickness.
I hope you enjoyed this dish and that it inspired you to try spaghetti squash with shrimp marinara. This recipe is also perfect for anyone who wants a light, healthy meal without sacrificing taste or flavor. If you’re interested in trying out more recipes like these, Whole30 Salmon Cakes Spaghetti Squash is for you! Happy cooking!
- 21+ Delicious Breakfast Ideas with Eggs and Sausage - October 12, 2021
- 23 Sweet and Savory Breakfast Ideas with Bananas - October 12, 2021
- 21 Healthy and Easy Breakfast Ideas with Tortillas - October 12, 2021