Peach and Gouda Grilled Cheese on Rosemary Waffles is an easy dish to make for breakfast, lunch or dinner. It has a sweet taste from the Peach preserves and savory flavor from the Gouda cheese that pairs well with rosemary waffles! The best part about this recipe is you can use your favorite bread. Sourdough, whole wheat, gluten free? All good but I like white sandwich bread because it’s buttery and light in texture.
How to make the Peach and Gouda Grilled Cheese on Rosemary Waffles
These waffles are a great accompaniment to grilled cheese, especially when it features two of my favorite foods in the world: Gouda and peaches. The tartness from both is neutralized by the sweetness of the juicy fruit. If you’re looking for some new flavor combinations for your next meal, give this one a try!
- Waffle Mix (I used a box of Jiffy)
- Eggs, Milk, Butter (melted), Peach Jam or Preserves, Gouda Cheese
- Rosemary for garnish and to sprinkle on top.
You can also add some salt and pepper but it’s not necessary if you are using cheese with good flavor.
Step by step cooking instructions
- Preheat your waffle maker and get it hot before pouring the batter in.
- If you have a gas stove, make sure to turn on one of the burners at medium heat (preferably not more than half or three quarters).
- Cook for about four minutes on each side, depending on how crispy you want them! You can also cook them until they start to brown around the edges if that’s what you prefer.
- In another pan over low flame, melt some butter and add rosemary leaves (about two teaspoons worth) – when this starts smelling really good and fragrant take off from fire. Add peaches with jam or preserves as well as some salt and pepper according to taste preference. Turn off the heat and let it cool for a few minutes.
- Slice Gouda cheese in half lengthwise and place one piece on each side of an English muffin. Add some peach mixture to go with that!
- When you’re done, carefully take out your waffles from the maker (use a fork or something similar) and serve onto plates before topping with Peach and Gouda Grilled Cheese sandwich halves.
Tips and tricks to making the perfect Peach and Gouda Grilled Cheese on Rosemary Waffles:
- When it comes to adding the perfect cheese, you have a lot of options. Some people like Gouda, some prefer cheddar or mozzarella and others may even opt for something simple like American cheese!
- You can also add fresh herbs in this recipe if desired – maybe basil leaves? Or try using different types of jams instead of preserves. The sky is the limit with cooking so experiment around until you find your favorite combinations!
*Note: If making these on waffles as opposed to bread slices, be sure not to put too much peach mixture on each sandwich half since they’ll get soggy from all that moisture when cooked.*
If you’re in the mood for a hearty yet light meal, this recipe is sure to please. The sweet and savory combination of ingredients will leave your taste buds delighted! I hope that you enjoy it as much as we do. And remember, there are more peach recipes like this Peach Blueberry Crumble With Lavender and Tea Cookie Topping waiting for you if you want another delicious treat to try out. So take some time today or tomorrow to browse through them all-you won’t regret it!
- 21+ Delicious Breakfast Ideas with Eggs and Sausage - October 12, 2021
- 23 Sweet and Savory Breakfast Ideas with Bananas - October 12, 2021
- 21 Healthy and Easy Breakfast Ideas with Tortillas - October 12, 2021