I was so excited to finally try these Salted Bourbon Caramels. They are absolutely delicious! The caramel is very smooth and melts in your mouth, while the salt provides a nice contrast of sweet and salty flavors. I like that this recipe had only five ingredients because it made it really easy to whip up when you don’t have much time on your hands – or if you’re just feeling lazy! This dessert would be great for gifting during the holidays because they look pretty fancy but require minimal effort. Highly recommend making these ASAP!
How to make Salted Bourbon Caramels
This dish tastes amazing! The caramel is super smooth with a perfect balance between sweet and salty which makes them addicting. It’s also quite simple since all there are only four ingredients (plus water and butter). I love the fact that this recipe only takes a few minutes to make because you don’t have much time on your hands or are feeling lazy. This would be perfect for gifting during the holidays since they look fancy but require minimal effort and can easily be made in bulk.
The caramel is super smooth with an amazing balance of sweet and salty which makes them even more addicting! They’re also really easy to make, it just needs five ingredients (plus water and butter)! All you need is about five minutes so if you feel like being lazy, this would work out perfectly for those times when all there’s leftover in the fridge are some oats, vanilla extract, honey and salt – plus anything else that sounds good mixed into these caramels like dark chocolate, coffee beans or peanut butter.
The recipe is simple and doesn’t require much work at all but the rewards are totally worth it! The caramels turn out to be this rich caramel colour on top with a salty-sweet taste that will have you coming back for more of these addictive treats time and time again. They’re also really pretty so if there’s any leftovers (which we doubt) they would make such an amazing gift idea – just wrap them up in some cellophane paper and tie them off with a cute ribbon!
Now let’s get started making Salted Bourbon Caramels!
- 5 Tbsp of butter
- 1 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup of your choice of bourbon
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- 1/4 tsp of kosher salt
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup water
Step by step Cooking Instructions
- Combine the butter, cream and bourbon in a small pot on medium heat. Stir gently until it’s all combined
- Add vanilla and salt – keep stirring
- Gradually add brown sugar, white sugar, corn syrup and water to the mixture with constant stirring (don’t worry about being too thorough)
- Keep at low heat for 35 minutes while you stir continuously then pour into molds or baking dish lined with parchment paper
- Smooth out the top with a spatula and let cool overnight in the fridge
- Remove from molds or baking dish, cut into squares and enjoy!
Tips and Tricks
- The mixture can be stirred together with a whisk instead of a pot.
- If you’re using store bought caramels, add them when the sugar has been mixed in but before it’s heated up.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit to harden the caramel and make sure they don’t fall apart while cutting or handling.
- Make sure to cover the entire pan with parchment paper or else they’ll stick.
- Spices can be added for variety such as cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla extract, and peppermint extract.
I hope you have enjoyed learning how to make these Salted Bourbon Caramels and that this recipe inspires you to try out more of my recipes. If you’re looking for more bourbon ideas, make sure to check this Bourbon Spiked Russian Tea for your next kitchen adventure! Stay tuned for new food blog posts every week!
- 21+ Delicious Breakfast Ideas with Eggs and Sausage - October 12, 2021
- 23 Sweet and Savory Breakfast Ideas with Bananas - October 12, 2021
- 21 Healthy and Easy Breakfast Ideas with Tortillas - October 12, 2021