Ever since I tried pistachio chicken at a restaurant, I knew that it was a dish that needed to be added into my cooking repertoire. Pistachios are such an awesome flavor for poultry, and they’re perfect this time of year when you want something festive but not too heavy. This recipe is simple and straightforward – the only thing more complicated than working with the ingredients is peeling pistachios!
How to make this Pistachio Chicken
The pistachio chicken recipe has a taste that is both crispy and buttery. The crispiness from the skin and the buttery flavor come together to make this dish truly unique. You get an extra punch of nutty flavor from the pistachios in the breadcrumbs, which adds even more depth to this dish’s flavors.
If you’re looking for something different as far as poultry goes or you just want to try out new flavors then give this easy-to-make meal a go!
- 1 cup chopped pistachios
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 large skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch strips
Step by step Cooking Instructions
- In a bowl, mix together chopped pistachios, bread crumbs, Dijon mustard and olive oil.
- Stir in honey to form the mixture into small clumps.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Brush both sides of chicken strips evenly with this mixture (using about half) then transfer rest to another dish for later use.
- Place prepared chicken on baking sheets lined with parchment paper or foil that has been sprayed lightly with cooking spray .
- Bake at 425 degrees Fahrenheit until golden browned outside and cooked through inside-about 20 minutes total per side depending on thickness.
- Once finished broiling sprinkle remaining nut/breadcrumb mixture over top of baked chicken strips before serving as desired!
Tips to making the perfect Pistachio Chicken:
- Buy fresh meat and avoid pre-packaged.
- Avoid using too much flour to coat the chicken because it will burn on the bottom of the pan, which will make your dish taste burnt with a rubbery texture.
- To keep your pistachio flavor strong but not overwhelming, use a half cup of ground pistachios or about one tablespoon per pound of chicken in this recipe and be sure to finely chop them up before adding them into your mixture. For more intense flavor you can add up to three tablespoons!
- If you find the nutty flavor of pistachios too intense, try substituting for almonds or hazelnuts!
- Lightly toast your bread crumbs in a pan before adding them into the mixture. This will bring out their flavors better than if they are raw. Also, toast the nuts for a couple minutes before adding them to your mixture. Toasting will bring out their flavors and give you a nutty crunch!
- Sprinkle some salt over top of the bread crumbs or nuts just after cooking so that they stick better to the chicken, making sure not to add too much because it can become salty quickly.
Conclusion paragraph: Now you know how to make an easy and delicious Pistachio Chicken that is sure to be a hit with your family. I hope this recipe was helpful for you! If you’re craving something light, combine this food with Southwest Caesar Salad. This salad is perfect for lunch or dinner time! Be sure to check out my blog for more recipes like these, as well as other great articles on food blogging tips.