This time of year, the temps are hot and so is summertime! A lot of people want to keep their ovens off after a long, hot summer. That’s why these no-bake watermelon cupcakes are perfect for all my friends and fellow home bakers who can’t wait to get back into the kitchen! They have everything you need in your pantry. These refreshing take on watermelon cupcakes are absolutely delightful! Top them with sweet coconut frosting for a flavor you’ll be sure to love. That’s it!
In 15 minutes or less, you’ve got a batch of cupcakes that are perfect for sharing at summertime gatherings. These allergy-friendly and vegan treats are sugar-free, too! Ready? Let’s jump right in!
How to make No-bake Watermelon Cupcakes
Fruit-based desserts are a staple of the summer season because they’re naturally refreshing and sweet. The coconut cream frosting is just as delicately sweet, creamy, and not at all melted. You can prepare the frosting and decorate the cupcakes in the morning, store them in the refrigerator and take advantage of a lazy evening.
If watermelon is not your thing, you can use a different kind of fruit – melon or papaya. You just need enough watermelon to create some small cylinders (aka cupcakes).
- Coconut cream (mango would be a good substitute)
- Watermelon, peeled and cut into small pieces to make cups for the cake that will not melt or break apart as they bake. This is where you can experiment with any fruit of your choice if it’s in season.
- Granulated sugar
- A pinch of salt, if desired
- Vanilla extract, about a teaspoon or two, will do the trick. You can also add some cinnamon powder for added flavor if you like it spicy!
- Cut the edge off of a watermelon round to create cylinders, then cut those in half again to form cups.
- Place the watermelon cylinder on the plate.
- Take a can of coconut milk and refrigerate it overnight. (A cold can is easier to work with than one straight from the fridge!)
- Open up the can, but do not shake or stir it!
- Scoop out the thick cream that has formed on the top and top it on the watermelon cylinder.
- Decorate with any fruits you like! Limes, oranges, and bananas are popular for this choice.
No-bake Watermelon Cupcakes Tips
If you don’t want to use all of the frostings, it will keep in a bowl for up to three days.
Use vegan sprinkles or nonpareils if desired!
Lime zest is a great addition to the frosting!
I hope you enjoyed this recipe for no-bake watermelon cupcakes. They are a summertime favorite and are perfect to serve at your next Blackberry BBQ Chicken with Grilled Potato Salad and Easy Grilled Peaches! If you try them out, please let me know how they turned out in the comments below.
- Hotcakes vs Pancakes: The Tasty Truth Unveiled! - October 30, 2023
- Boost Your Breakfast: Can You Add Protein Powder to Pancake Mix? - October 30, 2023
- Unveiling the Secret: How Long Does Pancake Batter Last? - October 29, 2023