Cookie sandwiches makes for an easy dessert. If you like lavender and lemon, or lavender or lemon, you need to try these.
What is your favorite cookies for tea time? I created these lovely cookie sandwiches by accident. My friend came by on the other day and she challenged me to create a nice thing from anything I had in my kitchen at that moment. I surprised her by these cute sandwiches and now she’s in love with it!
I’m happy to share with you this recipe to enjoy the moment with your friends too!
Lemon Lavender Tea Cookie Sandwiches
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, at room temperature (Use the best quality butter you can find. It really does make a difference.)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 2 Tbsp. dried culinary lavender (see note below)
Lemon Cream Cheese Filling
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, at room temperature
- 4 oz. (1/2 of an 8 oz. brick) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- the juice and zest of one large lemon
Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees.
Line two large cookie sheets with parchment.
Cream together butter and sugar in an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
Add flour, salt, and lavender and mix until well combined and the dough dough sticks together well.
Roll onto a lightly floured surface until about 1/4 inch thick.
Cut with cookie cutters and place on the prepared cookie sheets.
Bake at for 15 to 20 minutes or until the edges just begin to turn golden.