It’s weekend and it’s cocktail time! For the summer, every Saturday I’m going to be featuring a different drink. Why not, right?! It’s summer, it’s hot, there are lots of parties going on (backyard, poolside, lakeside, beachside) and we need to be prepared with the perfect cocktail.
This moonshine slush was inspired by a bourbon slush that my aunt did for my cousin’s college graduation. I went with a version of the bourbon slush but decided to put my own spin on it using moonshine. We have distilleries popping up all over the place around here and with blueberries in season this month, that seemed to be the perfect southern combo.
Make ahead drinks are essential for a party and when the weather heats up later this month, you’ll want something cold like this slushy to cool you down. Have a great weekend everyone! Enjoy, enjoy!!
Lemon Blueberry Moonshine Slush
- 4 1/2 cups of water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 12oz container of frozen lemonade
- 1 1/2 cups of fresh blueberries (could use frozen if that’s what you have)
- 1 1/2 cups of moonshine
- 1 bottle of sparkling lemonade
- In a large stock pot, bring the sugar and water to a boil. Boil until the sugar is dissolved. Remove it from the heat and allow it to cool down for about 5-10 minutes.
- Using about 1/2-3/4 of a cup of the cooled sugar water, blend the blueberries until smooth. Pour back into the large pot of sugar water along with the frozen lemonade and moonshine. Stir to combine everything.
- Pour the entire mixture into a freezer safe bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze 6-8 hours to overnight. It will take that long to freeze with the amount of alcohol in it.
- Just before serving, remove it from the freezer and scrape with a fork to create a slushy. Serve in glasses and pour a little sparkling lemonade over top.