The weather is heating up and there are so many deliciously refreshing summertime cocktails to try. One of my favorites is Lavender Peach Bellinis. This drink combines the traditional peach bellini with an herbal twist – lavender! The result is a cocktail that’s not only delicious, but also smells amazing!
How to make this drink
The lavender peach bellini has a taste that’s sweet, fruity, and also slightly earthy. It tastes like what summer should! This cocktail is best served chilled over ice in a champagne glass or wine glass. As you sip on this delightful drink, take some time to enjoy the lovely aroma of its herbal ingredients: fresh lavender flowers and whole peaches steeped overnight in pear brandy. Yum!
- 2 ripe large peaches, peeled, halved and stone removed
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1 teaspoon Serenity Lavender’s culinary lavender
- 750 ml bottle of North 42 Degrees Sparkling Sauvignon Blanc, chilled
- Fresh lavender sprigs to garnish
Step by step Cooking Instructions
- Peel and halve the peaches, removing their stones. Place them in a saucepan with the water, sugar, lavender flowers and let cook on high heat for about 20 minutes or until they are soft. Remove from stovetop to cool off
- Remove peach mixture from pan using a slotted spoon into an airtight jar. Allow cooling overnight at room temperature before placing in fridge or freezer
- Pour chilled wine into champagne glasses or wine glasses then add peach syrup (the cooled cooked fruit) one tablespoon at a time over ice cubes
- Add more syrup if desired according to taste preference
- *Be sure not too fill glass as carbonation will release gas when shaken with cocktail mixers due to alcohol content.
- Add a few ice cubes to the cup
- Shake (or stir) over ice until well chilled and then pour into your glass with peach syrup.
Tips and Tricks
- Do not overfill your champagne glass as this will cause carbonation bubbles that can’t escape. Be sure to fill it just enough so there’s space for a few ice cubes
- Refrigerate or freeze overnight before adding peach syrup, shaking with cocktail mixers (or stirring) until well chilled, then pour into glasses of wine. You may want more than one tablespoon per person depending on taste preference! Add a splash of club soda if desired.
Thank you for following my blog. I hope that this post has helped to inspire your next cocktail recipe! If you want a more strange and delicious cocktail, let try a Cucumber Cooler recipe for the next pool party with your friends. Don’t forget, check out the other posts on my site and subscribe with your email address so you can get updates about new recipes as they come up. Cheers!
- 21+ Delicious Breakfast Ideas with Eggs and Sausage - October 12, 2021
- 23 Sweet and Savory Breakfast Ideas with Bananas - October 12, 2021
- 21 Healthy and Easy Breakfast Ideas with Tortillas - October 12, 2021