This is a recipe blog post about gluten-free cheddar chive garlic biscuits. Gluten-free biscuit recipes are not only delicious but also healthier and better for you than regular biscuits! This recipe has been tested, so it’s foolproof to make at home! It takes less than an hour from start to finish and yields 12 servings.
Whether you’re looking for a side dish or just want something filling with protein, these gluten-free biscuits are the way to go for busy mornings. Aside from that, if you’re looking for other Gluten-free recipes, the Savory Zucchini Pie might be the next one you should try for your friends.
How to make these biscuits
The taste of these biscuits is close to the regular recipe, but with a slight lightness and lack of gluten. The garlic lends enough flavor without being overpowering. Cheddar cheese gives it that classic biscuit texture while adding depth in both flavor and color. Chives add tanginess which pairs nicely with the richness from the butter or margarine used in this recipe. These are great for breakfast alongside scrambled eggs, sausage links, bacon cubes…pretty much anything your heart desires!
- 2 1/4 cups of Gluten Free Bisquick baking mix
- 1 Tablespoon of sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of Garlic powder
- 1/3 cup of butter
- 1/2 cup of minced chives – cut with scissors
- 3/4 cup of half n half
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs
Step by step Cooking Instructions
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the Bisquick baking mix and sugar with a whisk or fork and set aside.
- Add in butter, half n’half, chives, eggs then cheddar cheese into the same bowl or another large mixing bowl for easier pouring later on. Now stir until all of these ingredients are well combined – should be thick dough consistency after stirring thoroughly.
- Now spoon out approximately two tablespoons worth of biscuit mixture onto an ungreased cookie sheet (or preferably use cooking spray) making sure biscuits are about an inch apart from each other for proper rising when they’re done in the oven! Bake at 450 Fahrenheit for around 12 minutes until the biscuits are golden brown.
- Remove from oven and serve with a dollop of sour cream or some strawberry jam for the best taste!
Tips and Tricks
- For a gluten-free biscuit, use rice flour and all of the other ingredients in this recipe. The consistency should be thick dough when combined with cheese to make biscuits.
- Please add two tablespoons worth on an ungreased cookie sheet or preferably cooking spray before placing it into the oven at 450 Fahrenheit for 12 minutes to get golden brown color!
- Remove from heat after baking and serve with dairy like sour cream or strawberry jam for best taste!
Disclaimer: If you are allergic/sensitive to any ingredient listed in this blog post please avoid using these products as they may trigger your allergies/sensitivities. This includes nuts (ex: walnuts), soy sauce, eggs etc… Please check package labels to make sure you are not allergic to any of the ingredients.
I hope you have enjoyed this recipe. If your appetite for more biscuits is still not satisfied, please check out my blog’s other biscuit recipes and leave a comment below telling me which one you would like to see next! As always, thank you so much for reading.
- 21+ Delicious Breakfast Ideas with Eggs and Sausage - October 12, 2021
- 23 Sweet and Savory Breakfast Ideas with Bananas - October 12, 2021
- 21 Healthy and Easy Breakfast Ideas with Tortillas - October 12, 2021