Have you ever met someone who doesn’t like tea? I don’t think so. Tea is one of the best beverages globally and it comes with different flavors, varieties, and aromas. One of my favorite teas is Earl Grey Hot Toddy because it has a rich flavor that will fill your senses while you are drinking it.
A hot toddy is a great way to cure what ails you, and it’s even better when you make your own. This recipe is delicious because of the honey that rounds out the flavor. The ginger provides an aromatic quality that’s soothing on sore throats, while lemon juice adds a citrus zing to bring back some vitality.
Let’s dive into it!
Step-by-step instruction to make Earl Grey Hot Toddy
Earl Grey is the perfect drink for a cold winter night. It’s spicy and flavorful but not too heavy, so you can have one after dinner without feeling weighed down or sleepy. Plus, it tastes great with honey and lemon! Imagine a cup of black tea with a hint of citrus, honey, and lemon—now add some whiskey!
- Earl Grey tea bag
- Lemon juice (squeezed from one lemon)
- Cinnamon sticks or ground cinnamon for garnish
- Half a shot of whiskey.
- Use a mug and pour boiling water over the tea bags
- Allow steeping for three minutes. Remove the teabag from the cup, but leave it in its sleeve if you want to reuse it later
- Add honey or sugar to taste (we recommend one teaspoon of each). Stir until well mixed in with hot toddy mixture. Add lemon juice and stir again. You can also squeeze some fresh lemon into your drink at this point too!
- Pour whiskey on top of your earl grey concoction, stirring gently as you go so that it blends evenly throughout -or give up (whiskey is not just for drinking!)
- Garnish with cinnamon sticks or ground cinnamon before serving. Enjoy!
Earl Grey Hot Toddy FAQs
What whiskey is best for a hot toddy?
- 21+ Delicious Breakfast Ideas with Eggs and Sausage - October 12, 2021
- 23 Sweet and Savory Breakfast Ideas with Bananas - October 12, 2021
- 21 Healthy and Easy Breakfast Ideas with Tortillas - October 12, 2021