Fall is finally here! As you are enjoying all the beautiful colors and taking in the crisp air, don’t forget to enjoy some time with your family preparing these Chocolate Bourbon Caramel Mini Pumpkin Pies. After making them for my family this past weekend, I can assure you that they will be a new Thanksgiving favorite.
How to make these littles pies
This dessert is perfect for fall, as it feels like a home-cooked treat. The crust has the lovely golden color of pie crusts in autumn with its golden hue and soft texture. Chocolate Bourbon Caramel sauce drips all over the plate from these little pies that look so cute on your kitchen counter or dining table.
The aroma of pumpkin spice fills your nose as you cut into one to reveal a fluffy interior with lots of cinnamon flavor enhanced by just the right amount of nutmeg – a balance between sweet and savory flavors that give this dish depth. Now I am going to show you how to make them!
- 3/4 cup of canned pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- 1 1/2 tsp of pumpkin pie spice
- pinch of salt
- 2 ready pie crusts
- 1/2 cup semi sweet morsels
- 1/2 cup bourbon caramel sauce.
- round cookie cutter about 4-5 inches in diameter
- fresh whipped cream, optional
Step by step Cooking Instructions
- Preheat oven to 425
- In a bowl, mix eggs and pumpkin until well combined. Add brown sugar, vanilla, pumpkin pie spice and salt and stir until combine. Set aside.
- Place dough rounds into the pie pans so crust comes up about an inch on all sides of the pan (or more if you like). You can cut off any excess with scissors or knife for a tidy look but it’s not necessary because we are going to cover them later anyway
- Divide batter evenly between pies – each one should get about two cups worth without squishing down too much! This will vary depending on how deep your pie shells are so just make sure they’re filled enough that there is no air gap when you put the top crust on
- Place the top crust on and crimp edges with your fingers or a fork. Put pies in oven, lowering it to 375 degrees if they’re browning too quickly
- Bake for about 30 minutes until filling is set
- Brush warm pie tops with egg wash (an egg whisked together with just a splash of water) before adding whipped cream topping or ice cream – this will give them a beautiful sheen! I like using vanilla bean paste in my whipped cream because it has such great flavor but you can use any kind of extract that sounds good to you
- Serve immediately while still hot so the caramel doesn’t harden! When cutting into mini pumpkin pies be careful not to cut through the bottom crust as we want those to stay in tact
The mini pumpkin pies are so easy to make and they’re always a favorite with everyone. The best part is that you can use any kind of pie crust you like – all-butter, pre-made refrigerated or frozen dough. It’s important not to overfill these little guys because there isn’t much room for filling! I also think it’s really fun how this caramel sauce replaces traditional whipped cream topping which makes them a lot more interesting flavor wise. Make sure to check out more bourbon recipes like Bourbon Spiked Russian Tea on my blog so you will have your own bourbon collection!
- 21+ Delicious Breakfast Ideas with Eggs and Sausage - October 12, 2021
- 23 Sweet and Savory Breakfast Ideas with Bananas - October 12, 2021
- 21 Healthy and Easy Breakfast Ideas with Tortillas - October 12, 2021