- 1 How to make Chipotle Chicken with Sweet Potatoes and Easy Guacamole
- 2 FAQs about this Chipotle Chicken with Sweet Potatoes and Easy Guacamole meal
- 3 Conclusion
My mom would often cook Chipotle Chicken with Sweet Potatoes on Tuesday evenings because it was my dad’s night to prepare dinner. He would make Easy Guacamole for us while she cooked the chicken and potatoes, but I remember that sometimes he’d get stuck in traffic so we had to wait a little longer before sitting down at the table. On these occasions, my mother made sure there were tortillas handy as well as chips and salsa to keep us busy until dinner time. It was like waiting around for Santa Claus back then–except instead of presents, we got delicious food!
Dinner meant laughing together at our family jokes (my parents are from different countries) or having deep conversations about what happens when people grow up-which is a topic that never gets boring. I think that’s probably why this recipe is so special for me–it reminds me how wonderful simple moments can be!
How to make Chipotle Chicken with Sweet Potatoes and Easy Guacamole
Chipotle Chicken with Sweet Potatoes and Easy Guacamole is a delicious dinner that will make your taste buds jump for joy! This Chipotle chicken recipe is simple to prepare, and the guacamole takes just minutes. You can serve this dish year-round, but it’s especially perfect during summer when avocados are in season.
for -2+ servings:
- 360 g of free-range chicken breast
- 1sweet potato
- 1 tsp of dried oregano
- 2 tsp of chipotle paste
- 200 g of passata
- 1 avocado
- 1 red chili
- 2 spring onions
- 1 lime
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Coconut oil/olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees Celsius.
- Cut the chicken into small dices, and season with salt, pepper, and chili flakes if desired. Add in red onion slices (optional) and cook for a few minutes on both sides until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, prepare the sweet potatoes by cutting them up into large chunks – put these onto an oiled baking tray that has been preheated at 200 degrees Celsius for 20 minutes or so. Season with more black pepper and add some olive oil too. Once cooked through remove from oven, leave to one side while you make guacamole (see below).
- Place all of your ingredients in a food processor together: tomato passata, chipotle paste, garlic cloves, lime juice, and a pinch of salt. Blitz until everything is combined thoroughly.
- Add the guacamole in with the sweet potato chunks and stir to coat – put back into the oven for another 20 minutes or so at 200 degrees Celsius.
This dish goes well served alongside rice or couscous. Finish off by topping with fresh coriander leaves if desired.
FAQs about this Chipotle Chicken with Sweet Potatoes and Easy Guacamole meal
What are the benefits of eating sweet potatoes?
- Sweet potatoes are a type of complex carbohydrate, which means they take longer to digest and will keep you feeling fuller for longer.
- They contain more fiber than white potato varieties, meaning that they help with digestion and weight management.
- Sweet potatoes also provide beta carotene or vitamin A – an antioxidant that helps protect cells from damage caused by free radicals.
What are the benefits of eating guacamole?
- Guacamole can be eaten as a dip and it is often used in burritos, tacos, salads, or nachos. It also complements rice very well.
- The avocado provides healthy fats such as monounsaturated fat, which is a heart-healthy fat.
- Guacamole also contains potassium and vitamin E – both of these nutrients help the body fight cancer cells.
Why is Chipotle Chicken called a healthier option?
- Chipotle Chicken is grilled and not fried, which makes it healthier.
- The chicken only contains natural ingredients without additives – this means that there are no preservatives in the meat to cause cancer cells to grow at an increased rate.
Can I substitute the sweet potatoes for white potatoes or rice?
- Sweet potatoes provide more fiber and healthy carbohydrates than white potatoes.
- Rice can be substituted for sweet potatoes if you are looking to reduce calories in your meal – it also provides a source of complex carbs which will help keep your blood sugar levels balanced throughout the day.
This Chipotle Chicken with Sweet Potatoes and Easy Guacamole recipe can be done in less than an hour. It’s tasty, healthy, and easy to make! The best part is that it’s easily customizable so you can experiment with different ingredients until you find the perfect combo for your taste buds. Chipotle Chicken with Sweet Potatoes and Easy Guacamole is good to pair with Raspberry Margarita. Give this mouth-watering dish a try today – I know you’ll love it as much as I do!