The breakfast sandwich is one of the most underrated and under appreciated meals. It’s a quick, delicious, and nutritious way to start your day off with some energy! These recipes are perfect for any time of year, whether it be a lazy weekend morning or an early weekday morning.
There are so many options when it comes to making a breakfast sandwich; however, there are also some key ingredients that can make or break this simple meal. Whether you like ham and cheese or bacon and eggs on your sandwiches – this blog post will hopefully give you some new ideas for what to put in yours!
How to make this sandwich
Eat sandwiches in your breakfast! It is quick, easy and tasty. Eating a sandwich in the morning can help you stay focused for your day ahead because it provides slow burning energy that will keep you going strong until lunch time. Plus, sandwiches contain less than 250 calories per serving – making this breakfast choice perfect for those who are trying to lose weight or maintain their current healthy lifestyle.
- 1 english muffin
- 1 small tomato
- 1 Tbsp of dijon mustard
- 1-2 oz of cheddar cheese
- 1/2 of a small avocado
Step by step Cooking Instructions
- Slice the tomato into thin slices.
- Cut the avocado in half, remove seed and peel skin off
- Place english muffin on a plate and spread dijon mustard over it evenly
- Layer cheese atop of one side of bread
- Stack tomatoes and thinly sliced avocados next to each other with an even amount on top of both halves (Place them lengthwise).
- Now stack your sandwich by placing the second part of bread onto that mixture you just added. I like cutting mine with scissors at this point but feel free to use any method that is easiest for you!
- Cut the sandwich into two or three pieces, depending on how you like it
Tips and Tricks
- Make sure that the english muffin is toasted so it doesn’t get soggy
- To make your avocado come out faster, cut it in half and use a spoon to scoop out the flesh. If you are going for a thin layer of tomatoes then try cutting them with scissors before adding on top! It’s up to you if you want two or three slices per sandwich but I would recommend making this breakfast meal into more than one because avocados have healthy fats and protein which will keep you full longer.
I hope you enjoyed this recipe on how to make Avocado and Tomatoes Sandwiches. This is a great breakfast for vegetarians, especially when you cleverly combine it with a glass of fresh Carrot Apple juice. If you want more recipes like this, check out the rest of my blog!
- 21+ Delicious Breakfast Ideas with Eggs and Sausage - October 12, 2021
- 23 Sweet and Savory Breakfast Ideas with Bananas - October 12, 2021
- 21 Healthy and Easy Breakfast Ideas with Tortillas - October 12, 2021