I have always been a fan of tea. My mother would sometimes get me hot cocoa if I was feeling under the weather, but most of the time she just gave me some warm water with honey in it to help my throat feel better. But the thing about tea is that there are so many different types and flavors! For example, Bourbon Spiked Russian Tea is an excellent choice for this winter season because it’s warming and spicy – Another hot tea you can try to help you fight off cold or flu symptoms similar to Bourbon Spiked is Earl Grey Hot Toddy.
How to make this drink
Bourbon Spiked Russian Tea is an excellent choice for this winter season because it’s warming and spicy – perfect for fighting off colds or flu symptoms. The taste of Bourbon Spiked Russian Tea isn’t as sweet as other hot drinks, which makes sense since there are no added sugars in the recipe. Instead, you’ll get a more savory flavor that blends well with the spices like cinnamon and cardamom used to make the tea itself. This drink has some bite thanks to its spiciness coupled with bourbon whiskey!
I love drinking Bourbon Spiked Russian Tea on chilly days when I’m feeling under the weather so I can feel my throat warm up from within. It helps me combat those pesky feelings of being down and out without all the added sugar.
- 4 cups water, divided
- 4 black tea bags
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup Bourbon
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- Juice from 1/2 lime
Step by step Cooking Instructions
- In a medium saucepan, bring one cup of water to a boil.
- Add the black tea bags and sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Let it cool for five minutes. Then add another three cups of water into the pot as well as all other remaining ingredients and let simmer over low heat for at least 20 minutes or more depending on how strong you want your drink to be! The longer it simmers, the better it will taste!
- Shake before serving in order to mix in bourbon whiskey evenly with this hot beverage. Serve warm but not boiling-hot with cinnamon sprinkled on top if desired!
**For an extra delicious twist replace lemon juice with grapefruit juice!
Tips and Tricks
- Lemon juice, as opposed to grapefruit, can be substituted for a different taste.
- The beverage will keep in the pot of water over low heat until ready to serve or drink it hot right away!
- An optional addition is sugar which creates more sweetness and balances out flavors.
- The longer you simmer the drink, the more flavorful it will be.
- Garnish with a dash of cinnamon to enhance flavor.
- If your tea is too sweet or not sweet enough in taste add sugar accordingly! You can also adjust your personal preference for sweetness by adding honey, agave nectar or light brown sugar instead of white sugar.
If desired coffee and milk can replace water as well but make sure to brew strong coffee so that it doesn’t turn out tasting like weak dishwater! Add some vanilla extract if you want an extra punch of flavor while brewing too!
It is always a pleasure to share recipes with you, and this one should be no exception! This recipe for delicious Bourbon Spiked Russian Tea will keep your guests coming back for more. Whether they are looking for an afternoon pick-me-up or a late night drink before bed, this tea has it all. I hope that you enjoy the recipe as much as I do here at home!
- 21+ Delicious Breakfast Ideas with Eggs and Sausage - October 12, 2021
- 23 Sweet and Savory Breakfast Ideas with Bananas - October 12, 2021
- 21 Healthy and Easy Breakfast Ideas with Tortillas - October 12, 2021