Hello foodies! I am so excited to be back on the blog today, and this time with a recipe for one of my favorite cocktails. I’ve been hanging out in Brazil recently, but wherever you are, these refreshing drinks will help ease your transition into springtime. To make them, all you’ll need is some sugar and blueberries (or berries of your choice), fresh ginger root, lime juice or lemonade concentrate and cachaça or vodka – no mixers necessary!
These Blueberry-Ginger Caipirinhas are sweetened with just a touch of sugar plus an optional splash of simple syrup if you’re feeling extra fancy. The tartness from the limes balances out the sweetness nicely while also adding a little extra kick. I love to swap out the berries for cucumbers, which add a nice refreshing element as well! Another cocktail that is also a combination of lemon and ginger flavor that you should try after this one is the Lemon Ginger Fizz. Let try it!
How to make this drink
- 2 large limes
- 4 tsp of agave nectar (maybe a little more)
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/4 tsp of fresh grated ginger root
- 8 oz of cachaca
Step by step Cooking Instructions
- * Add limes to blender or food processor.
- * Blend until liquefied and strain into a small jar with pouring spout.
- * Combine agave, blueberries, grated ginger root in sauce pan on stove top (or heatproof container). Bring to boil for about two minutes then remove from heat. Allow mixture to cool slightly before mixing in cachaça/vodka – be careful not too mix it up too quickly as this will cause bubbles that are hard to get rid of later! Once the alcohol has been mixed in well you can pour through strainer back into small jar with pour spout and set aside at room temperature so that flavors blend together better. You should find the taste much more pleasant at this point than when you taste it at the end of cooking.
- * Pour cachaça/vodka over ice and then add in blueberry-ginger mixture gradually, stirring as you go to prevent mixing bubbles into your drink (you’ll have some leftover which can be stored for use later).
- * Serve with a lime slice or wedge. Enjoy!
Tips and Tricks
- Be careful not to stir too quickly, or else bubbles will form which are hard to get rid of later.
- Pour cachaça/vodka over ice and then add in blueberry-ginger mixture gradually, stirring as you go to prevent mixing bubbles into your drink (you’ll have some leftover).
- Serve with lime slice or wedge for a refreshing summertime cocktail!
I hope you’ve enjoyed this recipe for Blueberry-Ginger Caipirinha. It’s a great drink to serve while entertaining guests on the patio or during those hot summertime parties! If you’re looking for more recipes like this one, be sure to check out my blog at _______ (insert URL). You’ll find other delicious drinks and appetizers that are perfect for backyard gatherings or any type of party. And don’t forget to share your favorite cocktails with me in the comments below!
- Hotcakes vs Pancakes: The Tasty Truth Unveiled! - October 30, 2023
- Boost Your Breakfast: Can You Add Protein Powder to Pancake Mix? - October 30, 2023
- Unveiling the Secret: How Long Does Pancake Batter Last? - October 29, 2023