One of my favorite summer dishes is grilled chicken bbq and potato salad. I find it quite difficult to resist the temptation of a hot, crispy-skinned bbq chicken with savory sauce for dipping.
This recipe has been approved by many friends who have tried it! It’s great for BBQs or even an easy weeknight dinner. It’s made from very common ingredients found in any kitchen so you shouldn’t have trouble finding them at your local grocery store!
It’s not every day you get to drink a cocktail while eating BBQ chicken! But if it is, then I recommend Orange Vodka Soda with Blackberry. You’ll find that this mixed drink tastes great and the blackberries will give your taste buds some variety in flavor too.
How to make Blackberry Bbq Chicken with Grilled Potato Salad and Easy Grilled Peaches
This recipe is simple and ready in a flash. We only need one thing to make a delicious BBQ chicken. Either cook the chicken breast over high heat or low-and-slow in the oven with your favorite BBQ sauce! To start making it, preheat your oven to 400 degrees and put the chicken breasts in a baking dish. For this recipe, I used blackberry bbq sauce- but any flavor will work well!
- Blackberry bbq sauce
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Chopped onion and bell pepper (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Vegetables as you prefer
- Crumbled feta cheese
- Dijon mustard
- Mayonnaise or sour cream to taste.
- Peaches, semi-ripped if you want
- Honey or sugar to taste.
*For the Blackberry BBQ Chicken
- Prepare chicken breasts by cleaning it in water, patting it dry.
- Cut the skin, fat, and any excess.
- Mix together all of your spices in a bowl with rice vinegar, sugar, and soy sauce then apply to chicken thighs on both sides. Place seasoned chicken pieces onto a baking dish lined with aluminum foil and drizzle generously with salad oil or vegetable oil.
- Next, bake the chicken in the oven for about an hour at 375 degrees.
- Take the chicken out of the oven, baste with leftover sauce and return to bake for another 20 minutes or until done.
- Remove from baking dish and place on a plate or cooling rack. Let rest five minutes before serving.
*For Grilled Potato Salad:
- First, peel off the potatoes cover, and soak in cold water for about 30 minutes.
- Let the potatoes boil until tender in a large pot and place on a cutting board to cool down
- Cut into small bite-size pieces with a knife or use a mandolin slicer, then transfer to bowl and season with salt, pepper, vinegar, and oil. Add thinly sliced onion if desired.
- Then, foil the potato in aluminum foil, place it on the grill, and cook for about 20 minutes.
- Remove from foil when done and transfer to the bowl with other ingredients in the pit.
*For Grilled Peaches:
- Peel off peaches skins by halving them and removing pit if desired, then brush with oil or butter before grilling.
- Grill for about two minutes per side until grill marks show up and remove from grill.
- Season with salt, pepper, and balsamic vinegar before serving.
Blackberry Bbq Chicken with Grilled Potato Salad and Easy Grilled Peaches FAQ
How can I make potato salad better?
To make a potato salad better, you can try these additions:
- Chopped green onion
- Finely grated celery or bell pepper, as desired (either can be used)
- Seasoned salt to taste
- A dash of vinegar and oil for seasoning and adding flavor. The oil will help keep the flavors from soaking into the potatoes too much if you are going to use them.
How do you keep BBQ chicken from drying out?
To keep BBQ chicken from drying out you should baste it with the BBQ sauce or bbq chicken marinade throughout cooking.
Do peaches need to be ripe to grill?
It depends on your preference. Some people like their peaches a light grill-kissed golden brown with lots of char marks, while others prefer them softer on the inside and slightly caramelized in some spots. If you prefer a less vinegary taste in your grilled peaches, use fully ripe or almost overripe fruit.
Blackberry Bbq Chicken with Grilled Potato Salad and Easy Grilled Peaches Tips and Tricks
There are some tips and tricks to make this recipe even better, so we’ve included them below.
- Basting the chicken with BBQ sauce or bbq chicken marinade will keep it from drying out during cooking and give you a nice caramelized surface
- Don’t feel like grilling potatoes? Use any potato of your choice boiled in water for 15 minutes or boiled in a pressure cooker for about five minutes
- If you don’t have blackberries, use any fruit of your choice including blueberries or raspberries
I hope you have enjoyed my blog today! The Blackberry Bbq Chicken with Grilled Potato Salad and Easy Grilled Peaches are a perfect summer meal for friends or family. If you want more BBQ recipes, be sure to check out my blog where I share tons of delicious ideas that the whole family can enjoy all year long!
- 21+ Delicious Breakfast Ideas with Eggs and Sausage - October 12, 2021
- 23 Sweet and Savory Breakfast Ideas with Bananas - October 12, 2021
- 21 Healthy and Easy Breakfast Ideas with Tortillas - October 12, 2021