The color of beet juice is a gorgeous crimson hue. The flavor is earthy yet sweet, and the smell is an intense mixture of sweetness with a hint of dirtiness. Beet juice has been used for centuries as both food and medicine in many parts of the world, but it’s only recently that health experts have begun to study its positive effects on human bodies. Beets are rich in folate, potassium, manganese, iron calcium magnesium copper vitamin C and fiber!
How to make this drink
Beet juice is surprisingly savory. It tastes like a slightly sweet, earthy vegetable broth with no noticeable bitterness or sourness to it. The texture is thick and velvety on the tongue–the consistency of beet soup that has been blended until smooth without cream added for thickness. Beet powder mixed in water makes up an adequate substitute for those who cannot stomach the taste but are interested in drinking more than one cup of this delicious beverage each day.
- 1 whole fresh beet
- 2 cups of Kale
- 1 medium cucumber
- about 1 1/2 cups of watermelon
- about 3 sprigs of mint
- 1 sweet/tart apple (optional)
Step by step Cooking Instructions
- Step One: Grate the beet.
- Step Two: Put it in a blender with kale, cucumber, watermelon and mint on low speed until well combined.
- Step Three: Add apple if desired to taste (optional). Blend again on high for about 30 seconds or so. Drink immediately as this drink has little stability once blended! Enjoy straight from the blender by pressing down firmly then pushing up while using your other hand to scoop out what you can’t get with just one sip. Refrigerating will change the flavor profile completely–the sweetness of the beets will come through more intensely without that earthy note and it’ll also have better shelf life but less freshness!
Tips and Tricks
- * Grating the beets ensures that they are thoroughly blended in your drink. They will not give off their earthy flavor if you keep them whole!
- * If using a blender, do so on low speed or else it may explode from too much pressure. A food processor is more likely to have this problem.
- * Do use an apple for sweetness; add as desired taste but start with one apple for every four cups of beet juice to get used to how sweet it tastes before adding any more than that!
Beet juice is a great drink to get you going in the morning. This recipe will teach you how to make beet juice from scratch so that your body can enjoy all of its amazing benefits. If this sounds like something you want to try, head over and read more similar recipes on my blog!
I’ve got plenty of other tasty drinks for when your taste buds are craving something new. A refreshing and attractive drink for this summer is Strawberry Basil Bellini, it is a great cocktail for a party or celebration that you should try after this dish.
- Hotcakes vs Pancakes: The Tasty Truth Unveiled! - October 30, 2023
- Boost Your Breakfast: Can You Add Protein Powder to Pancake Mix? - October 30, 2023
- Unveiling the Secret: How Long Does Pancake Batter Last? - October 29, 2023