Chipotle Bowls, the best thing you can get at Chipotle besides a burrito. I mean, it’s got everything in there – rice, beans, guacamole and all of your favorite veggies! It is pretty much my go-to when I am looking for something quick to eat. But what if you could make your own? Well now you can with this simple recipe that will have any Chipotle lover drooling out their ears!
How to make this dish
This recipe is so easy and it tastes better than any Chipotle bowl you will ever order. You can find all the ingredients at your local grocery store, too! The best part of this dish is that it has a little bit of everything in there – rice, beans, guacamole and all of your favorite veggies (I used corn). I love how when made correctly they are spicy but not to hot where you’re crying tears like some kind of weird adult baby!
- 2 15 oz cans of black or pinto beans OR 1 cup dried black or pinto beans
- 2-4 cups of veggie broth (or can use what you have or like)
- 1 cup of quinoa
- 4 limes
- 1 bunch of cilantro
- 1 jalapeño pepper
- 1 1/2 cups corn kernels
- 2 Tbsp of red onion
- 1 white, yellow or the rest of the above red onion
- 2 green bell peppers
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 cup fat free Greek yogurt
- 1 head of romaine lettuce
- 2 tsp of olive oil
- For the Beans:
- 2 15 oz cans of black or pintos
- OR to make your own
- 1 cup dried black or pinto beans.
Step by step Cooking Instructions
- Rinse and drain beans. Cover with water to about an inch or two above the top of the beans, bring them up to a boil for 20 minutes and then let sit on low heat for another hour (or until soft). You’ll know they’re ready when you can mash them easily between your fingers
- Combine quinoa in pot with veggie broth over medium heat. Bring it up to a simmer, cover, reduce heat and cook until all liquid is absorbed -about 15 minuets
- Pulse together jalapeño peppers, red onion and cilantro in food processor or blender. This will make your Chipotle Bowl sauce! Add salt if needed
- In large bowl toss corn kernels with olive oil and sprinkle with salt
- Layer ingredients: black beans, quinoa, corn kernels, cilantro mixture, onion and avocado. Add a squeeze of lime juice to taste
- This recipe makes about four servings.
Tips and tricks to making the perfect Chipotle Bowl
This Chipotle Bowl recipe is more than just a simple, boring dish. The best part about this bowl are the tips and tricks to make it perfect!
- Cook your quinoa with vegetable broth for extra flavor
- Use jalapeño peppers in place of tomatoes or salsa if you prefer spicy dishes -this will also provide some fresh green color that makes your meal look as good as it tastes
- Add lime juice before serving to make sure all flavors come together at once
- Don’t forget toppings like red onion, avocado, cilantro mixture and corn kernels when making this flavorful dish! These ingredients provide texture while adding just the right amount of filling so you can enjoy every last bite without feeling too full
This recipe is a great way to enjoy the Chipotle experience without having to leave home. Making your own bowl at home can save you money, and it tastes just as good! Make this dish for yourself or others whom you love; it’s sure to become one of your favorite meals. If you’re looking for more chicken recipes, this Chipotle Chicken with Sweet Potatoes will help you out! Enjoy!
- 21+ Delicious Breakfast Ideas with Eggs and Sausage - October 12, 2021
- 23 Sweet and Savory Breakfast Ideas with Bananas - October 12, 2021
- 21 Healthy and Easy Breakfast Ideas with Tortillas - October 12, 2021